Hi all, I would like to know if there is will be ...
# officely-features
v
Hi all, I would like to know if there is will be a feature in the future where you can upload/remove neighbourhoods just for a specific period of time and not remove it permanently?
a
Hey @Valerie Koorn - how's it going? 👋 I work for the Product team at Officely! I'd love to know what's brought this need about for you, as we might be able to suggest some workarounds. If not, we'll happily consider this as a change for the future.
v
Hey Alex, thanks for your reply! I am asking this because I work for a flower company and we have different peaks during the year. During this we need to rearrange the seatings in our office for every day. At the moment the system is not build this way (I think) that I can create this easily. So that's why it would be super helpful for me that I can create/ remove neighbourhoods for just specific days, without disrupting the whole platform.
a
That's a very interesting use case, thanks for sharing Valerie! And just to clarify, do you rearrange the office seating for a few days or is it just a single day every so often? I have a few ideas but I think it might depend on your answer. You're right in that it's not something we support right now but we're all about creating flexible workspaces for everyone, so this falls under that bracket!
v
Sorry for my late answer @Alex Martinsmith. It can be both situations you described. Sometimes just for a day in the other situations for a couple of days
The upcoming 3 weeks we have the situation that one particular neigbourhood on certain days is available and on some isn't. I want my people to keep planing ahead.
a
Thanks for your reply @Valerie Koorn - so I have two possible workarounds that might help you here. The first would be making use of our notices feature to let people know that you're repurposing certain neighbourhoods for a particular reason. The second would be to create a second category of neighbourhoods called something like 'Temporary', removing seats from one bank of desks and putting them into another. The downside with this is that it will cause confusion for those with future bookings n the neighbourhoods you remove seats from so I'd personally opt for the first solution. I do however agree that neither of these ideas really accomplish what you're trying to do. I'm currently working on an upgrade to neighbourhood controls at the moment and would love to get your feedback on it as it begins to take shape. Do you have an email I can reach out to you on when we've got a better idea of how this will look?
v
Hey Alex, thank you very much for thinking with me. I will look at both options. About the upgrade, of course you can contact me for feedback. Would love to help you out! My email is valerie.koorn@bloomon.nl
🙌 1
🙏 1