Hello, hello! I used Routines as a test, but I wou...
# officely-questions
n
Hello, hello! I used Routines as a test, but I would like to remove them as I don't think we benefit from listing who's at Home (we have another app already sharing time away in the same channel). I can't see how to take it away, though!
r
I have the same question - I’d like to disable Routines altogether from our workspace please! @Kristina Semcenko can you help?
l
Hey @Naomi Grey and @Rachel Obront At the moment there is no way to disable Routines. A way around it would be to head of Officely Homepage > Settings > Manage Routines and select “not right now” to the question Mandate Routines for all staff members? Then, to automatically clear your statuses, you can select “I dont work on this day” on every day of the week. You will then be able to manually book in. Hope that helps!
k
So sorry for the delay in responding Rachel I was away. Let me know if you'd like any further help with this 🙏
b
I would also like to remove routines - it's over complicating officely for our staff + our HR system supports on staff knowing who is where
can you let me know if this will be an option @Kristina Semcenko?
also - if we were to use it - the three options are fairly limited and staff dont have to be on annual leave / working from home when they're not in office - they could be working onsite at an event, or otherwise busy. a way to go back to officely being on office bookings only would be really helpful for us
k
Hey @Bella unfortunately there is no way of removing Routines 😔 We've heard from a lot of our clients that getting employees to remember to use Officely can be challenging. So we've been trying to create more value for your employees, to encourage them to use Officely more and to make your lives easier. We've learnt that the hardest thing about hybrid work is just knowing where your team are working each day so you can decide the best place to work. That's why we launched these working locations. We are starting with office / home / on leave / sick but will be expanding them to include client vists, travelling for work or anything that's relevant for your business. Would you be willing to try them out for a month and then ask your team if they found it useful? We think it's especially valuable if you have triggered our Google Calendar and Slack status integration as well.
b
Hey Kristina, thanks for more info - our issue is this doesn't sync with staff calendars and we already have other things that are integrated with our HR holiday booking system that show where people are working - so right now, only a few people are selecting the other options + it looks really messy. In theory it's a great idea, but without it linking to booking actual time off, staff have potential to get confused that clicking on an annual leave option on officely doesn't actually link wider in terms of it coming out of their annual leave count. Please can we have an option to have it removed?
k
Hey @Bella thank you so much for your feedback 🙏 this is really helpful. Would you mind please sharing which HR software you and your company use?
b
sure - we've just moved from People HR to hibob, both of these have holiday booking systems, however hibob syncs with slack so we get daily updates. it also allows us to export certain peoples annual leave to google calendar, so another place to see it where it may not be up to date doesn't make sense for us. HiBob is really good tho, so maybe there's an officely collab there - but for now, I don't want to overcomplicate it and this new feature could cause us problems with staff not booking annual leave correctly thanks!
k
Bella, you're the best. Super helpful thank you 🙏 Let's say if we integrated into hi bob so it's all seamless, (ie if you book annual leave in hibob or in Officely it's automatically reflected across all platforms). Would that make the feature work for you?
b
yep -what we've been doing it trying to streamline all of our platforms so that would work well. however, for us right now, officely is purely for capacity management and adding the HR aspects in to it will mean theres confusion between the platforms
k
Got it, thank you Bella. Appreciate your feedback very much 🙌
Hey @Bella I had some news from the team! HR integration is on the way 💃 looks like this is something we're going to make possible in the near future 🤩
b
thanks Kristina - whats the timeline on that?
We'd really, really like to turn off the current options if possible - I've had complaints from my senior staff on it - is this possible until the HR integration is ready to trial?
n
Plus one to Bella’s q. Really would be good to remove the option, at least for now!
r
plus one as well! it’s creating a bunch of confusion and we’ve gotten complaints from our executives - being able to disable it would be really helpful!
b
hey @Kristina Semcenko sorry to bother on this one, but have had another complaint from a senior staff member, can you let us know if this is looking to be an option?
l
Hey Bella, we are working on adding in a filter that allows you only to see office bookings, we’re also going to allow you to cancel routine more easily! Hope that resolves the issue for you 🙏
🙏 1
b
Great! Thank you - let me know the timeline on this so I can let me senior staff know. Appreciated!
it now makes it quite annoying when staff want to choose a location in the office when making a booking. it's prioritising a home/office/vacation, over the actual space a staff can use + ultimately what we need officely for - any update on turning off this feature would be great as it's causing us issues, and my senior staff really dislike it.
sorry to keep going on about this... but i also can't see a way to unselect a day without saying i'm wfh/on vacation, it's really clunky
any update on this would be useful so i can let my senior staff know - right now officely is not performing how we need it and i'm finding it's affecting office use + i'm generally getting a lot of agg from my senior staff on it
k
Hey @Bella so sorry about that. Would you be open on jumping on a quick call this morning? I'll see what we can do to help to make this work better for you and the team 🙏
b
Hey Kristina - I've got a call with Max today at 2pm if you want to join that? I'm not free before then unfortunately
🙏 1
k
Ah that's perfect 🙏 you're in good hands!