Hey Officely team, im having an issue with Office ...
# officely-questions
s
Hey Officely team, im having an issue with Office Chat, the bot states its not in the channel but it is
k
Hey Shane! Oh no, sorry to hear you're having issues
what seems to be the office chat issue?
s
So basically I get an error stating the bot isn't in the channel, but it is
There's more than me in the office, but it never created the channel
So I created it, and invited the bot
k
Oh no, so sorry about that! We'll quickly look into this and get back to you
s
Thx so much
k
Are your slack settings set to everyone btw>
s
No, it's restricted to admins
We have it locked down
k
That's why it won't work then, unfortunately it has to be set to everyone for the chat feature to work Shane
so sorry about that
s
I understand that for it archive the channel but the bot won't even see the channel
k
Again that's because it doesn't have full rights on the channel (if it's restricted even to just admins) it won't work. Everyone has to have full permission
s
Hmm ok, I'll have to discuss this internally
What's weird is
It worked on day 1
Then hasn't worked since
k
Oh wow, interesting
Let me just see if someone on our team can look closer into this. Would you mind sharing your workspace ID with me please?
r
Hi @Shane Morley The linking between Officely and the channel happens on a unique channel ID generated by Slack. When you click “Start Chat”, Officely creates the channel, stores that unique ID and then it is linked and working. In this case my understanding is that you have created the channel. The problem here is that Officely is not linked to it (even though it has the same name, it doesn’t know the channel ID) Because of this, the only way it can function correctly is if Officely is the one to create and manage the channel - does that make sense?
s
Yeh, totally, the issue is have now is, it won't even start a new chat
Is there anyway to reset it, so it can start again?
Without having to reinstall officely
r
Are you happy to delete the channel completely and try again?
I’ll reset some things our end too
(Moving this to a DM)
s
ty