Hello! This morning I see that everyone in the bro...
# officely-questions
n
Hello! This morning I see that everyone in the broadcast is only avatars rather than names 😮 that's pretty tough for us to see, and there's no click through or anything. Is there a way to change that in Settings somewhere?
a
Hi Naomi! Thanks for reaching out - we made some changes to Officely FM because a lot of customers told us that it was getting too long and clogging up channels. If you hover over the avatars, the name will show here - does that, alongside the view more button, help at all? There's currently no way to swap between the types of display but we certainly wouldn't rule it out.
n
Hovering helps if you’re on desktop and if you have some time, but doesn’t work on mobile (what many ppl use much of the time) and doesn’t help with a fast or more complete overview (bc you can only hover one at a time). I’m getting a lot of unhappiness fr team :(
a
Thanks so much for the feedback @Naomi Grey. I totally hear you. We're taking note and tracking all feedback on this one and genuinely appreciate you telling us your honest thoughts.
👍 1
n
I def see the value of this view if you're dealing in tens or hundreds of ppl! We're talking 20 ppl in the office at once at most for us, and our structure (client visits to the office with project management usually not there) means that having easy access to the "who's in" info is key. Thx for listening! 🙌
THANK YOU!!!! 🙏🏻🥳 My peeps are so happy today, thank you so much!
🤩 1
a
You're most welcome @Naomi Grey! Always great to see feedback like this 🎉
n
Oh no! This morning nothing came through at all😮
a
That's strange - let me touch base with our tech team to see if anything has changed. In the meantime, can you let me know if it fails to send again today/tomorrow please?
🙌 1
n
I reset the time to be 9 am to see if I could jumpstart it, and it still didn't go today. 😞 I'll let you know tomorrow if it doesn't show up again.
s
It didn't appear for us either today (or yesterday)
a
Thanks for letting us know @Naomi Grey @Stewart Archibald - this should now be fixed. Apologies about that, we hit some timeout errors.
n
It worked today for us - TY! 🙏
a
Great to hear!
s
came through for us too 😀