hey there, i've more of a general question and am ...
# community-discussion
b
hey there, i've more of a general question and am wondering if anyone has gone through a similar process to calculate this before. we're looking at aligning on our annual leave policies across all locations to equalise our benefits and offering, however with varied public holidays it gets very confusing (next year the UK have 9, Madrid have 15!). we have decided against unlimited holiday as through reviewing our teams approach to annual leave, they need more structure for taking holiday and are after more flexibility. has anyone offered leave that is inclusive of public holidays to multiple locations within their company before, and if so, can i ask how you approached it? thanks!
l
Hey @Bella that’s a very good question, not one we have experience with yet. However I’m sure there are some members in the community who have! I’ll have a think if anyone comes to mind and will connect you ☺️
b
thanks - the best resource i have so far is the charliehr booklet https://f.hubspotusercontent20.net/hubfs/4289024/CharlieHR_Holiday_Policy2022.pdf?utm_camp[…]lkD8XV9g&utm_content=213779812&utm_source=hs_automation - but would love any further info on other companies approach!
a
Hi @Bella! I actually previously worked for a company who did just this! As an international team, we moved from an unlimited holiday policy to one that was overly generous to incorporate everyone's public holiday. It was incredibly varied as some of the team were in the US (10 days legal public holiday allowance) while many were in Europe and Australia, which are much more generous. In the end, the company settled on 38 holiday days including public holidays, but you could take all of these days when you wanted to. You didn't need to take off public holidays, you could use it elsewhere (at your manager's discretion). I hope that helps! Any questions let me know!
🙌 1
b
ah thats really handy, thanks alice! i think we'll go with a similar approach and number ultimately, and im trying to work out the best way to present it to staff so they know whats up too - thank you!
a
From personal experience I much preferred it over the unlimited holiday policy we had previously, there was always so many question marks and anxiety around who was taking too much/too little holiday! Best of luck 🙂