Bit of a niche use-case I think, but – would it be...
# officely-questions
m
Bit of a niche use-case I think, but – would it be possible to have a slack channel (e.g. #in-the-office) or maybe an @ tag that only includes attendees (e.g.
@office
), that automatically includes just that day’s attendees as members? We have a workflow set-up so if someone is at the front door it sends a notification to #general using the
@here
tag to notify everyone in that channel. This obviously notifies the entire business including everyone working from home. Would be handy to limit this to the people in the office.
m
Hey @Matt King, this is a great idea and something we’ve been discussing for a while. Other cases could be ‘who wants to go for lunch / drink after work etc’. It’s on our roadmap but we don’t have an exact date at the moment.
m
Nice. I’ll keep my 👀 peeled. 👍
h
We would love this functionality too!
n
+1! Great idea, love it!
d
+1 would also be very helpful for our team!
m
Ha. Maybe not so niche. 😉
🎯 2
😄 1
g
This would be a great function for my office too!
v
I would like to add my name to this request also! 🙋‍♀️
m
We would use this function too when it becomes available 🙂
m
Hey all! Excitingly we've just released this feature based on all your feedback. You'll now see an "Office Chat" button on the app home page. Here's more on how it works. Would love to hear your thoughts! 😄
n
It's awesome! TY 🙌
d
yes I shared with our team yesterday and its really nice!! Appreciate that addition!!
much easier to plan happy hours now 🙂
🙌 1