Hi! It would be nice to have different Icons (Emoj...
# officely-questions
f
Hi! It would be nice to have different Icons (Emojies) for other Neighbourhoods. Currently, the weekly view does not show the differences. It would be nice, if possible, to add on further updates the emoji behind each name with the selected Neighbourhood. What do you think?
In this view, it’s not possible to indicate who is working in which neighbourhood. It would be fantastic!
r
Hey @Felix, thanks for sharing. We’ve played around with this idea before, however, we found it made the top level view too busy and crowded. Our concern is that this could have a detrimental effect on the user experience.
I would be interested to know if anyone else shares this view? We may look into having elements on the App Home configurable on a individual by individual basis - meaning you could toggle different levels of information in the Settings page
On a side note, would it be helpful to show a 🏠 icon in your Slack Status when you are not booked into the office?
f
From our perspective, it would be helpful to see the Icon precisely like in your screenshot. But of course, only if the neighbourhoods have different Emojis. Slack Status update with a home Emoji would help in s second level. We would use the tool to see one week or/and one day before who coming and who’s at home. So, therefore, the functionality with the auto-update “Who’s in tomorrow?” is quite perfect, but only with the complete information described before.
sry, I mean in the week overview, not the “who’s in tomorrow” there is this information already.
a
we are also interested in different emojis. In our case, this Emoji 🏭 would be useful to indicate when you work at production
r
Thanks both, that’s helpful to see. We’re currently looking into custom emojis for offices - @Alexandra Scheer is that what you are referring to? @Felix I’ve made a note regarding your feedback on the App Home and will discuss with the rest of the team - I suspect a level of customisation is probably the answer
🙌 2
a
@Felix yes, it is. Thank you
c
I've also had requests for an easy view of the neighbourhoods and how full they are without a need to see who else is in. I think for those who are coming in a day or two a week are looking for the busy or quiet vibe to gauge where they want to sit...also there was mention of being able to put a site map up but I haven't been able to find that?
💯 1
f
hi @Rich is there anything in the planned for the next Officely update?
r
Hey @Catherine Reynolds Sorry, I missed your message before. To answer your question about the site map, instructions on adding a floor plan button, can be found here. Is that what you had in mind? Currently we have text showing the number of desks remaining for each neighbourhood when you book in. It sounds like this isn’t providing enough information when trying to gauge how busy/quiet a neighbourhood is?
Hey @Felix, yes there are a number of things in the pipeline, however, nothing that addresses the topics mentioned above. Although, I should point out that you can see a breakdown of who has booked into the different neighbourhoods by clicking on the
View More
button and scrolling down - Has your team found this to be helpful?
f
We know that, yes. But that helps less to have a good overview of the whole week e.g. to check on which day a team meeting suits best. Due to the fact that we can only see this information day by day in the
View More
r
Ah okay, that’s interesting. Would you mind talking me through the thought process for deciding when to do a team meeting? Is the main goal to find out which day the majority of the team are in the office?
f
Exact that’s it – or for our teamleaders to see who’s in the office and who’s working from home this/next week. And also for our employees to plan in advance and see who is in and maybe then they decide to join also. We saw that in the past, most of the time people are only coming if some others are also in the office. What I mention in the frist place, just a Emoji like the one for “bringing a dog to the office” would be suit the case perfectly.
r
Okay, thanks @Felix - something which may help your teams when finding out the overlap would be the
/officely
command (try it in a channel) it shows the overlapping office days with the members of that channel I can see what you’re after on the app home - Unfortunately I can’t make any promises on the neighbourhood emojis. Some customers have over 50 neighbourhoods and customisation could get complicated and messy, that’s why we haven’t rushed to make changes yet
🙃 1